The Sheboygan Falls School District is continuing to monitor the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) with the safety of our students, staff, and families in mind. The pandemic situation is quickly evolving, the best way to stay informed is through the Wisconsin Department of Public Health (DHS) website or the CDC website. We have also dedicated a page on our website where you can find information and check school cancellations: https://www.sheboyganfalls.k12.wi.us/district/covid-19
Following WI DHS recommendations, the School District of Sheboygan Falls will be:
- Canceling all non-essential events or gatherings outside the school day expected to include 250 people or more starting March 14 for the next 30 days.
- Suspending student field trips for the next 30 days.
- Suspending all staff professional development taking place outside the school district for the next 30 days. Exceptions may be considered if approved by the Superintendent.
There is no school closure at this time. We are simply preparing students in case we need to close. Students were sent home with Chromebooks and chargers (or activities for grades 4K and 5K) today, Friday March 13. These would allow us to transition to the use of Virtual Learning Days if needed. Please send your child to school on Monday with the Chromebook and charger. Students were reminded that the Acceptable Use Policy is in effect at home and Chromebook use is monitored by our Tech Department.
Please continue to check our website for cancellation and closing information. If a Virtual Learning Day is needed, more information will be sent home to both students and parents.
Important Cancellation Updates (also posted to our website):
Specific to Sheboygan Falls Middle School:
March 13, 2020
- The Friday night performance of Mary Poppins is scheduled to continue as planned. All tickets have been sold out. We hope to go live on Facebook with the Friday performance.
March 14, 2020
- All Saturday performances have been cancelled. You may receive a refund for any of the Saturday performances. Please bring your tickets to the MS office if you wish to receive a refund.
March 17, 2020
- The Microsoft Girls Event scheduled for has been postponed. Stay tuned for information regarding a future date.
Specific to Sheboygan Falls Elementary:
March 16, 2020
- The Falcon Families Bingo night is cancelled.
March 18, 2020
- The Folk Dancing night for all third graders will be rescheduled at a later date, this date has not yet been determined. Please do not send money for pizza orders. If you have currently ordered pizza, a private message will be sent to those families.