Academic and Career Planning (ACP) 10th Grade - WHAT DO I WANT TO DO?
Grade 5-12 Academic and Career Planning (ACP) is a comprehensive process that engages families and our community to inspire, educate, and support each student in developing interests and creating his or her own plan.
Reflective Questions to Ask Sophomore Year:
What do I want to do?:
- What are the Programs of Study I have an interest in? Why?
- Which careers interest me? Will these careers support me financially in the future?
- Which courses should I take to continue to explore my interests?
- Which degree/certificate do I need for the careers I have an interest in?
Grade 10 Outcomes
Explore/What do I want to do?
- Conduct structured research on potential careers. Identify roles and responsibilities, skills and dispositions, education/training needed for identified careers.
- Understand how to research job opportunities, create and use a network to find employment, and leverage labor market projections to assess future job opportunities.
- Learn how to create a resume and understand the importance of building resumes over time.
- Learn about Career and Service Based Learning Opportunities.
- Review and update academic, career and personal goals.
|First Semester Activities||Second Semester Activities|
|Update Activity Resume||Research a career of interest|
|Update Career of Interest Document||Updated saved careers in Xello|
|Soft Skills Self Evaluation||Course Plan|
|Work Values Lesson||Careers and Lifestyle Plan Lesson|
|Getting Experiences Lesson||Soft Skills Evaluation|
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.